Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Today is Tuesday, I am taught this morning and now have a little break before I go back to the orphanage in the afternoon to play soccer and read with the girls.
I am having trouble with the teaching: most of the words my children have learned to spell or read are because they have memorized them (a select few) so I am reluctant to continue moving onward teaching them these words because they don't understand phonics and therefore cant decipher the sounds of unfamiliar words or letters. I am attempting to teach them the basics of phonics so they may be able to read new and different words but this is also difficult because I have to back track in lessons they have clearly skipped over. The accents also prove to be a road block in learning because they hear the letters and words differently when they speak them.
I will have to do some homework of my own and hopefully I will master teaching them to spell and write simple basic words.
I think I am going to try and get an Ice cream tonight it is more like frozen chocolate milk I am told but I am sure it is delicious. We will also be going into town this afternoon to see if we can get some sort of internet set up at the hotel for us while we are there... fingers crossed!
- Untill next time, Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment