Saturday, May 19, 2012

I have only a limited amount of internet so I will try to make a quick post.
The journey here was long! 24 hours really, and the flight was exhausting. When we reached Ghana we had a three and a half hour car ride to the hotel, which is very nice, the food is yummy and the room is very large and comfortable for both of us. The people are all so nice, and welcoming as well. We were able to meet the children at the orphanage; they are adorable and so excited to have us working with them. We were able to play with them and try to memorize their names before going back to teach them on Friday. I was put into a class teaching Kindergarten and first grade. My placement in the classroom was abrupt with no direction so I have a lot of planning to do this weekend to get a lesson plan put together.
We went back to the orphanage after school to play soccer with the boys; Rachel was much better than I was but I think we will both improve over the next month. It was a lot of fun. One of the older children even climbed a mango tree nearly 40 feet high and retrieved a mango for Rachel and I to try--- my favorite.    
<3 I will write again soon
-Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment